Maria Island Shuttle Bus from Hobart
Join the shuttle bus service from Hobart to Triabunna and Maria Island. The only daily shuttle bus connection to Maria Island! Pick-up and drop-off in the Hobart CBD and connect to Tasmania's stunning East Coast and Maria Island National Park, saving you the need to hire a car just for the journey.
What makes it Great:
- Only shuttle bus Maria Island connection from Hobart
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Departure times & locations
- October & May (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
- November to April (daily)
Shuttle Bus - Depart Hobart (Morning)
- Departs 7:00am - Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre (Cnr Davey & Elizabeth Streets, Hobart)
- Departs 7:15am - Hobart International Airport
- Departs 7:25am - Sorell, Velvet Cafe (21 Gordon St, Sorell)
- Arrives 8:10am - Triabunna marina
Shuttle Bus - Depart Triabunna (Afternoon)
- Departs 5:00pm - Triabunna marina
- Arrives 5:50pm - Sorell, Velvet Cafe (21 Gordon St, Sorell)
- Arrives 6:00pm - Hobart International Airport
- Arrives 6:15pm - Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre (Cnr Davey & Elizabeth Streets, Hobart)
Meeting the Ferry
Morning Ferry to Maria Island
The Maria Island Shuttle arrives in Triabunna at 8:10am.
Book the 8:30 am / 10:00 am Ferry if you are riding on the Shuttle from Hobart
Return Ferry to Triabunna from Maria Island
Book the 4.15 pm from Maria Island to Triabunna Ferry to meet the 5:00 pm return Shuttle to Hobart.
Travelling with children
Tours are perfect for children and families!
Special Family Pricing
We offer special rates for children (3-15 yo). Infants under 2yo travel for free. Please check the booking for form for up to date family pricing.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please aim to be on time to assist scheduling of the shuttle service.
- We advise that guests depart Maria Island at 3:30pm to meet the shuttle bus departure at 5:15pm. In periods of high demands, the ferry service may operate later than the normal timetable scheduling.
- At present our shuttle bus service to Maria Island does not have transport options for bikes or large luggage items.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Waterproof jackets and pants available onboard the boat
- Seasickness tablets and wristbands provided to all guests if required
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Please note that tours will not be available between June and October 1st 2023, so be sure to plan your visit accordingly.
Instant Booking & Mobile Friendly Tickets
- Check availability & book here to secure you spot on Maria Island Shuttle. Pre-booking is essential. Please do not turn up on the day without a booking.
- Present this message on your mobile device to check in.
Discover Maria Island:
Maria Island is Tasmania’s only island National Park. A very special place, rich with convict history predating the establishment of the Port Arthur penal settlement by 5 years (Est 1825) and Darlington now represents the best intact convict probation station in Australia. Fascinating early settler accomplishments, the island is also world famous for its distinctive and rare geological formations. Used as a sanctuary for species of Tasmanian wildlife for over 50 years, the island is fast becoming known as the best place in the world to experience wombats, kangaroos, cape barren geese and Tasmanian Devils in the wild!
Take the short boat journey from Triabunna and spend a day or longer exploring Maria Island. This is a place for wandering through historic ruins, taking coastal walks, ascending mountains, exploring from the saddle of a bike, encountering incredible wildlife or simply relaxing on a perfectly beautiful beach. Take time to explore Darlington Probation Station—part of the 11 Australian Convict Sites World Heritage Property—and other historic buildings and ruins, including the elegant Coffee Palace, old cement works and enigmatic remains of farm buildings.
About East Coast Cruises:
Maria Island Shuttle is operated by East Coast Cruises which is located in the township of Triabunna (1 hour, 15 minutes from Hobart). They specialise in cruise and walk day tours to Maria Island National Park. The team operates a custom-built boat that is designed to explore some of Australia's largest sea caves. The boat has two decks that provide shelter, comfort and unobstructed viewing of Maria's enthralling marine life, unique cliff formations and giant sea caves. Unique experiences exploring hidden gems with unfiltered views and no crowds!